Sunday, January 23, 2011

After It All.


These sequin ballerinas don’t know what power they posess
Holding their stance
On the rickety wooden stage
They twirl
They twilrl
They twirl
We’re holding them by strings
Want to see me fall?
Give me that shit and we’ll make it happen
Its getting ashier
Grayer everyday
Hping to see you walking down my street
Then I start to look the other way
My mind stopped connecting to my body
A long time ago
Haven’t felt connected to my own life
Since I began to row
Down that river of unconscious drunk
Strumming and humming away
Haven’t looked back, not even a glance
Cause im riding through this shining bay
The trees, they know my innocence
Im always caught in a lie
The scrapes and bruises that appear on my body
Are proof of my disguise
No one wants to know the real me
But they’d like to hear my deeper thoughts
I cant expose them to just anyone
Not even my lover
Im just lost.
I throw away all my good fortune
At the simple flick of my wrist
Hoping for something better

No comments: